Friday 27 May 2011

Buck passing

It is with some irritation that I  received the news from the university that they are cutting the term two weeks short to contribute to energy saving.

The economic rationalist in me says.... what about all those fees?
The scholar in me says....... but I enjoy my classes....
The cynic in me wonders....... why is it only the uni I study at and not the uni I teach at.

The realist in me is quite annoyed at what seems to be typical responsibility shifting.
There are no green curtains going up, there is nothing like Tokyo University'ssustainable campus.  The toilets still have the toilet seat warmers going, in the cafeteria the other day the doors to the outside were open with the aircon on.
It is totally devoid of imagination, total buck passing, and so small picture.  Thousands of students sitting at home with thousands of aircons on rather than being at uni and sharing the same aircon... There has been no thought about efficacy, just short minded expedient decision making...  and isn't that what created the electricity problem in the first place?


Repost from
http://ponkanchan.blogspot.com/2011/05/buck-passing.html

No comments:

Post a Comment